What is EDC ?
EDC is the first globally recognised Event Design Certificate program, created by Event Design Collective in cooperation with MPI Meeting Professionals International, San Diego State University and the University of Amsterdam. This program is designed for senior professionals who either have events in their portfolio or consult clients who have. EDC is an immersive 3 day program on a University Campus (in North America, Europe and Asia) with a six month post program project in order to obtain the EDC Level 3 certificate and the CED – Certified Event Designer Designation. More information on the program can be found on www.certificateineventdesign.com
What is EDC Young Professional?
EDC Young Professional is designed for Universities offering Event Management and Experience Design programs to teach the Event Design using the #EventCanvas™ methodology approach to students. We train faculty to be able to deliver the program and we supply them with all the tool and resources necessary to teach Event Design using the #EventCanvas™ methodology. In essence the EDC YP is an international certificate programme for Universities, delivered by faculty to their students based on, and continuously improved by, the Event Design Collective. The curriculum is based on the proven methodology featuring the latest case studies and content from real world Event Designs created using the #EventCanvas.
Students receive an internationally recognised Event Design Certificate Young Professionals (Level 1 Certificate) after completing a course and publication of an approved event design case study. The faculty pay per student a fee of 25 EUR to receive the personalised EDC YP certificate in PDF. Certificates are numbered, signed and issued by Event Design Collective.
EDC YP can become an integral part of a minor offered in your University and faculty will be trained and kept up to date in order to deliver the course. The EDC Level 3 program and a 1,5 day Train the Faculty Programme is to be completed by the faculty members to enable them to deliver the content with credibility and confidence. A bi- annual update call and periodic EDC YP Summit for faculty members will refresh faculty knowledge, case studies and workshop materials. Slides, documentation and case studies will be available for faculty.
The handbook ‘EVENT DESIGN – creating change that matters’ is the required reading material for students in the EDC YP programme. Faculty receive up to date relevant world class case studies, teaching materials, updates to workshop materials and coaching online periodically. Faculty can be trained at EDC open training programs or through a dedicated in-company Train the Faculty Programme.
What it means for qualified EDC YP practitioners:
- competitive advantage and employability in leading organisations
- connect to a community of EDC Certified Event Designers worldwide; >1550 trained #EventCanvas practitioners, >8500 #EventCanvas users in 58 countries worldwide
- successful participants will be granted the Certificate in Event Design Young Professional designation along with 8 Continuing Education clock hours in domain G: Meeting & Event Design as defined by the Events Industry Council EIC.
What are the costs?
In the EDC YP pilot program is subsidised as a first step in this development.
The variable cost are:
Per student fee to be paid for by University: 25 EUR for a personalised EDC Young Professional certificate + mention on website and in EDC YP database
Faculty: 500 EUR per faculty member/trainer per year for coaching, digital workshop material updates and newest case studies. Faculty members are expected to pass their CED – Certified Event Designer designation within 18 months of the start of the EDC YP program by participating in the EDC Level 3 program.
- 1 x Event Design Facilitation Kit per group of 7 students for the Event Design work to be done in class +
- 1 x Event Design Handbook, Systematically design innovative events using the Event Canvas per student.
What is the plan?
The #EventCanvas is a free downloadable template which can be used by anyone under Creative Commons 4.0 License. The #EventCanvas helps aspiring student as well as event professionals the tools to produce more effective events. One of our KPI’s is the number of users and the number of users which are proficient in the use of this canvas. This is why we organise workshops, masterclasses and Event Design Certificate Programmes in countries on every continent.
By bringing the Event Design using the #EventCanvas™️ methodology to the next generation in Universities you can help elevate the profession. The structured process which eventually comes together in a one page Event Design enables the students to change the conversation about events and giving them a 21st century approach to designing events and enabling them to impact society, business, life and our world.
Universities currently involved in the EDC and EDC YP pilot programme include:
- Hotel Management School Maastricht, Zuyd University of Applied Sciences, The Netherlands 🇳🇱
- Warsaw School of Tourism & Hospitality, Vistula University, Poland 🇮🇩
- Haaga Helia University of Applied Sciences, Finland 🇫🇮
- Marriott School, BYU University. UT, USA 🇺🇸
- De Rooi Pannen, The Netherlands 🇳🇱
- University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands 🇳🇱
- San Diego State University, CA, USA 🇺🇸
- Stenden University, The Netherlands, 🇳🇱
- Concordia University, Montréal, QB, Canada, 🇨🇦
- Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA 🇺🇸