Become a CED - Certified Event Designer
Would you like to become a CED?
- want to take the next step to in designing innovative events that matter?
- need to know what’s next in applying Design Thinking in Event Design?
- want to boost your career?
- want be equipped for serious C-level innovation conversations with your stakeholders
- need a brain spa with a proven path to ensure you are at the pinnacle of your profession?
What is the Event Design Certificate Program?
The Event Design Certificate Program is an immersive 3 day training course + 6 month coaching.
At the program you learn how to apply design thinking with the #EventCanvas, facilitate your team through the process and articulate the way your event creates value strategically or just approach events in a different way. Analysing stakes, design and prototype with like minded peers using the #EventCanvas as a visual language for events.
When and where is the Event Design Certificate Program?
Level of training = Level 3 of #EventCanvas Event Design Mastery
Date of EDC program San Diego= 10-12 January 2019 – San Diego State University – San Diego, CA USA
Date of EDC program Canada = 16-18 August 2019 -Montréal, Canada
Date of EDC program Amsterdam = 29 - 31 August 2019 – Amsterdam Advanced Graduate School of the University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Successful participants will be granted the Certificate in Event Design along with 24 Continuing Education clock hours in domain G: Meeting & Event Design as defined by the Events Industry Council EIC.
Participants will get a full scope of skills and techniques needed to understand and apply the #EventCanvas methodology. The training will provide ample knowledge, skills and tools to help participants better design their event and elevate the dialogue to include senior stakeholders and event owners. Ultimately participants will be equipped with the confidence and ability to articulate how the event is designed to create value for its stakeholders.
- Hands-on with the co-creators of the Event Canvas. Participants learn by listening, doing and interacting guided through level 1 2 and 3 of mastery.
- Newest Event Design concepts and the freshest visual thinking. Learn how visual thinking can help you articulate your events’ design.
- How to use it for prototyping and how to implement it in your next event designs and lead a team through the process.
After completion of the EDC Program you will have:
- Learned about and applied a practical visual language and innovation process to describe, challenge, and design high stakes events
- ability to analyse and use powerful examples of event design, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations, membership based organisations and NGO’s and Governments .
- Tackled a core challenge of every organisation—enabling teams to design and create compelling events that participants want to attend and that create valued behaviour change for stakeholders.
- a sound understanding of the skills required to have the strategic conversation at the most senior levels and identified the next steps in skills development to be able to have these conversations with confidence.
- be part of a distinguished class of Certified Event Designer who have the CED designation and form a strong alumni community of Event Design Thought Leaders across the globe.
Step 1 - Training to Achieve the EDC Certificate of Attendance - 3 days onsite at University
- pre-course 90 minute webinar with participants and trainers
- immersive 3 day program, complete agenda will be available online – leading to the EDC certificate of attendance
- all program course materials
- Event Design Coach per team to support you in your Event Design.
Step 2 - Apply Event Design on your project and submit to become a CED - Certified Event Designer
- Using the #EventCanvas to document / design your case study
- 6 months to complete an #EventCanvas of an existing event with support of the #EventCanvas trainers online to achieve the EDC certificate of achievement and use the CED – Certified Event Designer acronym as a designation
- Post program online case study review session
Details on the EDC program
Class sizes = for the Certificate in Event Design Program there is a minimum of 8 participants and maximum will be kept to 25 candidates to provide for optimum learning and networking opportunities.
Trainers & Content Provider= Event Design Collective GmbH
Venue, Registration and/or Logistics Partner = San Diego State University / FMAV & Concordia University / University of Amsterdam
Distribution & Marketing Partner= Meeting Professionals International
Prerequisites = there are no pre-requisites to participate in this stand alone EDC program.
Clock Hours = All successful program participants will be granted 24 continuing education clock hours in Domain G: Meeting & Event Design as defined by the Events Industry Council (EIC)
Time of classes = 09:00 – 17:00
Duration = 24 hours (3 training days including breaks & lunch)
Fees = The Event Design Certificate Program investment includes the complete enrolment in the EDC Certificate Program and 6 months of coaching until completion of the Event Design project. The EDC registration fee is € 2450 in Europe (US$ 2450 in USA or equivalent in C$ 3100 for Canada) and details are mentioned in the registration system. MPI Meeting Professionals International members and University employees of the respective University can claim a unique discount at time of registration with proof of current membership. Please contact us with your proof of MPI membership or University employment ID to obtain the applicable discount code. These include the full educational program as well as coffee & tea breaks, snacks and lunch on the onsite days. Travel and hotel accommodations are to be booked by the participants individually.
Download the EDC visual program here
Be an Innovator - become a CED - Certified Event Designer
A recent state of the industry survey by EventManagerBlog 35% of stated they needed more education to advance their career and one fifth stated that better event design skills will help them cope with a lack of career progression.
Event Design Certificate Levels of Mastery #EventCanvas
Level 1 = Coordinate Application of #EventCanvas Basics #EventCanvas Basic skill set and awareness – Stakeholder awareness, analysis and behaviour mapping (Empathy Maps) and basic application of the #EventCanvas to articulate how the event can change behaviour of the stakeholders. Basic skills include ability to interpret and create an Event Canvas Boundary box and discuss stakeholder needs.
Level 2 = Manage Event Design using the #EventCanvas Familiarity with the#EventCanvas as a User Interface – Prototyping and application of the canvas to discuss, prototype and make informed decisions using the Event Canvas as a compass for the team to create impactful events with informed team team members having used the process previously. Application of the Event Simulator, a toolkit with facilitation cards to enable team collaboration on creating events using the #eventCanvas.
Level 3 = Direct Event Design & Facilitation of a team through the #EventCanvas process Application of the #EventCanvas as an Experience Interface – Prototyping and application of the canvas to facilitate a team alignment, discussion, prototyping and decision making using the Event Canvas as a compass for the team to create impactful events. Ability to guide a team through the process. Ability to articulate Jobs to done into actionable objectives per participant that enable Event ROI measurement post event. Ability to guide a team through the process and lead the way to a successful design. Besides the personal skill set, the facilitator can use the Event Simulator, a toolkit with facilitation cards to enable team collaboration on creating events using the #EventCanvas. This EDC Level 3 program brings you to Level 3 of application and after successful submission of your design project and positive review, we award the CED – Certified Event Designer Designation.