WHAT IS THE EVENT DESIGN CERTIFICATE PROGRAM?
The Event Design Certificate program is a 24 hour training program with a 6 months coaching period that will result in proficiency as a facilitator in event design using the Event Canvas Methodology and obtaining the CED designation (Certified Event Designer). In addition to applying the methodology to an event of your choice, you will be challenged to facilitate and enhance team alignment, prototyping and application of the Event Canvas. Upon completion, you will be equipped to guide a team through the full process enabling you and your team to create impactful events strategically within a set time.
Successful participants are granted the Certificate in Event Design along with 24 continuing education clock hours in domain G: Meeting & Event Design as defined by the Events Industry Council (EIC).
Upon completion of the EDC program, you will have:
- learned about and applied a practical visual language and innovation process to describe, challenge, and design high stakes events
- gained the ability to analyse and use powerful examples of event design, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations, membership-based organisations and NGO’s and governments .
- tackled a core challenge of every organisation enabling teams to design and create compelling events that participants want to attend and that create valued behaviour change for stakeholders.
- a sound understanding of the skills required to have the strategic conversation at the most senior levels and identified the next steps in skills development to be able to have these conversations with confidence.
- be part of a distinguished class of Certified Event Designers who have the CED designation and form a strong alumni community of Event Design thought leaders across the globe.
SEE WHAT YOU CAN ACHIEVE BY BECOMING A CED - CERTIFIED EVENT DESIGNER
After 26 editions of hosting their World Education Congress since 1992, it was time for serious change. A user-centric change. Time to walk the talk and apply event design doing instead of just event design thinking.
As the professionals association for the people who organise and create events, the team at Meeting Professionals International, MPI embraced event design using the Event Canvas methodology in September 2017 to completely rethink their annual event.
“It doesn’t matter if you are a skeptic, the Event Design Certificate program will fundamentally and positively alter your planning process.”
3 Days with the creators + 6 months of coaching + a cohort of Event Design friends
THE EDC EXPERIENCE
TRAINING TO ACHIEVE THE EDC CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE - 3 DAYS WITH THE CREATORS
- pre-course 59 minute collaboration zoom with participants and trainers
- immersive 3 day program, complete agenda will be available online leading to the EDC Level 3 Certificate of Participation
- all program course materials
- Event Design Coach per team to support you in your Event Design.
APPLY EVENT DESIGN ON YOUR PROJECT AND SUBMIT TO BECOME CERTIFIED EVENT DESIGNER
- Using the Event Canvas to document / design your case study
- Post EDC program online case study review session with multiple coaching calls with the facilitators
- 6 months to complete an Event Canvas Process for an existing event with support of the Event Canvas trainers online to achieve the EDC certificate of achievement and use the CED Certified Event Designer acronym as a designation
- Access to the EDC Online Training Community and Platform for 6 months from date of registration for the EDC program.
DETAILS ON THE EDC PROGRAM
Class sizes = for the Certificate in Event Design Program there is a minimum of 8 participants and maximum will be kept to 25 candidates to provide for optimum learning and networking opportunities. (EDC Programs typically sell out weeks ahead so we recommend to register well ahead of time)
Trainers & Content Provider= Event Design Collective GmbH
Venue, Registration and/or Logistics Partner = Event Design Collective in partnership with San Diego State University / University of Amsterdam / Stockton University
Distribution & Marketing Partner= MPI Meeting Professionals International
Prerequisites = there are no pre-requisites to participate in this stand alone EDC program.
Clock Hours = All successful program participants will be granted 24 continuing education clock hours in Domain G: Meeting & Event Design as defined by the Events Industry Council (EIC)
Time of Collaborative Training Sessions = 2 hour block + 1 hour break + 2 hour block + 1 hour break + 1 hour block
Duration = 24 hours (equivalent to 3 training days)
Investment = The Event Design Certificate Program investment includes the complete enrolment in the EDC Certificate Program and 6 months of coaching until completion of the Event Design project.
- The EDC registration fee for 2021 is €2750 and details are mentioned in the registration system.
MPI Meeting Professionals International members can claim a unique discount at time of registration with proof of current membership. Please Contact Us with your proof of MPI membership to obtain the applicable discount code.
The Event Design Certificate Program EDC Level 3 of Mastery to become a CED – Certified Event Designer includes:
- the full EDC educational program and
- 6 months of coaching after the EDC program as well as
- Access to the Event Design Online collaboration tool to complete your Event Design Project.
- access to the EDC online training community and learning platform for 6 months.
For onsite programs, travel and hotel accommodations are to be booked by the participants individually.
BE AN INNOVATOR - BECOME A CED - CERTIFIED EVENT DESIGNER
A recent state of the industry survey by EventManagerBlog 35% of stated they needed more education to advance their career and one fifth stated that better event design skills will help them cope with a lack of career progression.
Need a motivational letter to get approval for attending EDC? CLICK HERE to inform your executive sponsor with facts to become a CED – Certified Event Designer.
Event Design Certificate Levels of Mastery Event Canvas
Level 1 = Coordinate Application of #EventCanvas Basics Event Canvas Basic skill set and awareness Stakeholder awareness, analysis and behaviour mapping (Empathy Maps) and basic application of the Event Canvas to articulate how the event can change behaviour of the stakeholders. Basic skills include ability to interpret and create an Event Canvas Boundary box and discuss stakeholder needs.
Level 2 = Manage Event Design using the Event Canvas familiarity with the Event Canvas as a User Interface Prototyping and application of the canvas to discuss, prototype and make informed decisions using the Event Canvas as a compass for the team to create impactful events with informed team team members having used the process previously. Application of the Event Simulator, a toolkit with facilitation cards to enable team collaboration on creating events using the #eventCanvas.
Level 3 = Direct Event Design & Facilitation of a team through the Event Canvas process Application of the #EventCanvas as an Experience Interface Prototyping and application of the canvas to facilitate a team alignment, discussion, prototyping and decision making using the Event Canvas as a compass for the team to create impactful events. Ability to guide a team through the process. Ability to articulate Jobs to done into actionable objectives per participant that enable Event ROI measurement post event. Ability to guide a team through the process and lead the way to a successful design. Besides the personal skill set, the facilitator can use the Event Simulator, a toolkit with facilitation cards to enable team collaboration on creating events using the #EventCanvas. This EDC Level 3 program brings you to Level 3 of application and after successful submission of your design project and positive review, we award the CED Certified Event Designer Designation.
SEE WHAT THE EDC PROGRAM LOOKS LIKE:
EDC Level 3 Live Online
EDC Level 3 Live Online & Hybrid
EDC Level 3 Live at University of Amsterdam
Plan a quick call with one of our faculty members to discuss any questions you may have about the EDC Level 3 program
Check upcoming EDC Level 3 Program Dates and Registration details to become a CED- Certified Event Designer
[tribe_events_list tags=”, , featured” category=”edc-netherlands/”]