“EventCanvas is a super helpful analogue system to track the past, organise the present + plan for the future”
One of the best ways to get to grips with your event is to start by creating a baseline of your event.
A “baseline” is a way to document your past or next upcoming event using the #EventCanvas. See it like the balance sheet of an organisation, a snapshot of how your event is doing as seen by your stakeholders.
Understanding what you and your team do right and wrong, from your stakeholder’s perspective is key to creating future proof user centric event designs.
If you are interested in documenting your event there are 2 things we recommend to get started:
- Explore a selection of examples of Event baselines on a single #EventCanvas.
- Request a complimentary 20 minute call with a team member at Event Design Collective to learn how to baseline your event and get a snapshot on 1 page.
You can do a basic subjective baseline yourself based on anecdotal evidence, own observations, photos and videos of your event. Beware it is hard to be objective about your own event.
We have helped multiple organisations in creating the baseline of their event. In its most elaborate form, the team at Event Design Collective visits your event and creates an Event Design Room onsite. Additionally we can equip a number of your stakeholders with an ethnographic research app that collects touch-points in each of their Experience Journeys. By looking through the eyes of your participants, speakers, sponsors, event team you will unveil a wealth of information and make it fun for those involved to be part of the documentation of the event.
It is an engaging way to obtain the snapshot of your event through the eyes of outsiders and of your actual stakeholders. By collecting actual self reported touch-points of your the event we then make an evidence based “baseline” of your event on a single sheet of paper with supporting reports based on facts.
Interested? There are 3 options available to you:
- Do it yourself by documenting your event on an #EventCanvas. We can suggest the best way for you to do this most effectively.
- Contact us to setup your mobile app (customised version of the Experience Fellow app ) and get started. Equip your stakeholders with a mobile ethnographic tool to document & research their Experience Journeys using a simple to use mobile application.
- No time on your hands? Our team is keen to be your eyes and ears and listen to your stakeholders from a neutral perspective, map out their findings and consolidate the Event Baseline on a single #EventCanvas.
Would you like a snapshot of your Event? We are delighted to support you and your team in doing so.